Dun & Bradstreet – Everest Industries releases ‘India’s Leading Infrastructure Companies 2017’
Release of the 10th edition of Dun & Bradstreet India’s premier publication on 28th November 2017
Mumbai, 28th November, 2017: Dun & Bradstreet, the world’s leading provider of global business information, knowledge and insights, released the 10th edition of its premier publication ‘India’s Leading Infrastructure Companies 2017’ on Tuesday, 28th November, 2017 in association with Everest Industries. The impact of various initiatives taken by the Indian government to create world-class infrastructure, can be seen in India’s rank in WEF’s Global Competitiveness Index, which has improved significantly from 71st position in 2014-15 to 40th in 2017-18. Likewise, in terms of overall infrastructure development, India’s rank has improved from 87th position to 66th position over the same period.
The publication ‘India’s Leading Infrastructure Companies 2017’ currently in its 10th year, is an insightful compendium of India’s infrastructure sector. Over the years, the publication has successfully captured the pulse and trends in India’s infrastructure development, while providing valuable information about the performance and key developments of leading companies from the core infrastructure sectors – Construction, Ports, Power, Oil & Gas and Telecom.
The publication continues with the customary approach of profiling infrastructure companies in India whose audited financial information for FY17 is available. The ‘Overview’ section is based primarily on in-depth analysis of the key infrastructure sectors. Views of the industry veterans on opportunities and growth drivers about their respective sectors as well as the future plans have been encapsulated in the ‘Experts’ View’ section.
The publication profiles 97 companies across key infrastructure segments, of which 53 companies belong to the construction segment (including development of airports & seaports, industrial units, roads, railways, and SEZ), 19 in the power segment, 16 companies in the oil & gas segment, four in the ports segment and five in the telecom segment.
Key highlights in this publication:
• During FY17, construction of highways touched an all-time high of 8,200 km, which is significantly higher than 6,029 km completed last year; this translates into construction of 22 km of roads & highways per day. The construction target for roads and highways in FY18 has been set at 41 kms/day.
• In FY17, the passenger traffic handled by Indian Railways (IR) stood at 8,219 mn as compared to 8,152 mn passengers in FY16; the revenue earnings of the IR from passengers stood at Rs 462.8 bn in FY17 as compared to Rs 453.7 bn in FY16.
• During FY17, the passenger traffic (domestic + international) at Indian airports rose by a robust 18.3% to 265 mn, from 223.9 mn a year ago. The total freight handled by Indian airports rose by 10% from 2.7 mn tonnes in FY16 to 3.0 mn tonnes in FY17. In order to enhance regional connectivity, during FY17, the Government launched Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) – UDAN to create 125 new routes and connect 45 unserved and underserved airports through five airlines.
• During FY17, all ports in India (major and minor) collectively handled total cargo traffic of about 1,817.3 mn tonnes against 1,072.5 mn tonnes in 2015-16, which translates into an increase of 69.5% over FY16.
• India’s installed power generation capacity has grown from 199.9 GW in FY12 to 326.8 GW in FY17, registering a CAGR of 10.3%. During FY17, India added 46.5 GW to its existing power generation capacity, which translates into an increase of 16.6% over the previous year.
About Dun & Bradstreet (D&B):
Dun & Bradstreet (NYSE: DNB) grows the most valuable relationships in business. By uncovering truth and meaning from data, we connect customers with the prospects, suppliers, clients and partners that matter most, and have since 1841. Nearly ninety percent of the Fortune 500 and companies of every size around the world, rely on our data, insights and analytics.
Customers use D&B Risk Management Solutions to mitigate risk, increase cash flow and drive increased profitability; D&B Sales & Marketing Solutions to manage their master data, analyse markets, locate prospects and increase revenue from new and existing customers; D&B Learning & Economic Insights for solution-oriented analysis of strategic economic and business development, professional training, and cutting edge knowledge forums & conferences.
In 2017, D&B featured on the World’s Most Ethical Companies list in the Business Services category by Ethisphere, for the ninth consecutive year. The World’s Most Ethical Companies designation recognizes companies that truly go beyond making statements about doing business “ethically” and translate those words into action.